2013 RANDOLPH CO. FAIR SCHEDULE of EVENTS
89 Years of Serving You
Schedule of Events Aug. 26 -- Sept 1, 2013
Aug. 26th, Monday
- FAIR OPENS 5 P.M. MONDAY
- Master Numbers may be picked up in the Educational Building from 1 - 5 ONLY
- CARNIVAL ARMBANDS for WEDNESDAY go on sale at the mayor’s office 9--5 and you may also pre-register for the parade at this time.
- Livestock Show - n - Go will begin @ 2 P. M. AND GO UNTIL ???
- Commercial Building will open for business @ 2 p.m.
- Educational Exhibits will be in place by 3 p.m. SHARP In the June Simington Building
- June Simington Building will not be open after 5 p.m. today only
- Pre-registration for the parade available in the June Simington Building 10--5, or in the fair office 10-5 ONLY (if you are not entering for competition you do not require a number)
- Carnival opens @ 6 p.m.
- Pet show @ 6 p. m. in small show arena
- The Miss Randolph Co. Rodeo Queen Pageant will take place @ 6:30 the tickets will go on sale @ 5:15 at the window in the fair office. You MUST have a wrist band to enter bleacher area.
- Entertainment will begin at the school entrance AROUND 7
Aug. 27th, Tuesday
- Master Numbers available at the Fair Office Window 8-5 p. m. (Then inside the June Simington Building tonight only, and only for youth and adults that will be entering the baked goods, & flower division’s Tues. night instead of Wed. morning, because of school or work.). No Livestock after 5.
- Pre-registration for the parade is encouraged @ the fair office, or the mayors office.
- Adult Education Exhibits will be open 10 a. m. -- 10 p. m.
- The June Simington Building check- in for Educational Exhibits will check in today 10 -- 6 p. m. (and from 6 p. m. -- 8 p. m. for adult exhibitors in the flower & baked good divisions ONLY) this is for the people that work 7 -- 4.
- Youth may enter all the exhibits from 2 p. m. -- 8 p. m. Youth are expected to enter all their items themselves.
- Antique Korner check in 10 a. m. -- 3 p. m. in the #2 Commercial Building.
- Commercial Building opens for business 2 p. m. -- 10 p. m.
- Livestock may arrive early, BUT will not to be checked in until Wednesday 1 -- 4 p. m. on the DECK at the FAIR OFFICE. The non-refundable fee for pens or stall ( $5.00) will be paid at this time NO EXCEPTIONS . IF STALL/PEN FEE’S ARE NOT PAID YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOW IN THE COMPETITION.
- Parade begins downtown at 6 p. m. & travels to the Fairgrounds “Pre-registration will be appreciated IF you are competing for a prize. You may pick up trophy’s any day Wed. -- Fri. @ 10 -- 5 p. m. at the fair office
- Jr. Rodeo begins @ 7:30 in the Rodeo Arena-PRE-REGISTRATION for an event is highly encouraged you may do so Monday 4 -- 6 p. m., or Tuesday 4--5 p. m. or CALL AMANDA @ 378-4446 , ( PLEASE NO CALLS AFTER 5 ON TUESDAY) AFTER THE CONTESTANT PARTICIPATES HE/SHE MAY WATCH THE REMAINDER OF THE RODEO. HOWEVER A PARENT OR GUARDIAN WILL BE EXPECTED TO PAY FOR A WRIST BAND FOR THE ENTIRE RODEO.
- The Jr. Rodeo Wrist Bands go on sale after 6 p. m. Youth 13 & up $5.00, 4 -- 12 yrs. $3.00, & children 3 & under “free”. tonight our “Guest Tellers” are from “iberiabank” Thank You!
- Carnival opens @ 6 p. m.
- Entertainment -- on stage at school entrance AROUND 7
Aug. 28th, Wednesday
- Master Numbers are available at Fair Office Window 8 a. m. -- 5 p. m.
- Adult Check-in ONLY Baked GOODS, FLOWERS &(Field Crops IN # 2 COMMERCIAL BUILDING 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- June Simington Building closes to the public for judging @ 10 a. m. The building will then remain closed until they can re-open when judging is finished and remain open until 10 p. m.
- Livestock check-in will be ON THE DECK OF THE FAIR OFFICE FROM 1 -- 4 --PEN/STALL NON-REFUNDABLE FEE’S ARE EXPECTED TO BE PAID -- NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Market animal Weigh-in will be immediately after check-in process is finished.
- SHEEP JUDGING WILL BEGIN AS SOON AS THE WEIGHT-IN PROCESS IS OVER WITH . beginning with Open Sheep, Jr. Sheep, Open Goats, Jr. Goats
- Commercial Building open 2 p.m. -- 10 p.m.
- Carnival opens @ 6 p. m. Arm Band night
- Entertainment - The Cowboy Church Band will be on the stage @ school entrance AROUND 8
Aug. 29th, Thursday
- Master Numbers are available at the Fair Office Window 8 a. m. -- NOON
- Check-in for Horses is on the Deck of the Fair Office UNTIL NOON SHARP (NO LATE CHECK-IN) a NON-REFUNDABLE stall fee of $5.00 is expected at this time
- ARKANSAS GAME & FISH AQUARIUM arrives around 4 p. m.
- June Simington Building open 10 a.m. -- 10 p.m.
- Commercial Building open 2 p. m. -- 10 p. m.
- Swine Judging 9 a.m. open Judging - Jr. Judging
- Carnival opens @ 6 p. m.
- Horse Judging 6 p. m. -- ?? in Rodeo Arena
- Farm Bureau is bringing the “Milking Cow” display and the “ Farming Simulator” they will be located close to the # 2 commercial building and the cow inside the building
Aug. 30th, Friday
- June Simington Building will open today 10 a. m. -- 10 p. m.
- Judging will begin @ 9 a. m. for Beef & Dairy Cattle open Judging (Open Dairy Cattle/Open Beef Cattle Jr. Judging (Jr. Dairy/Jr. Beef Cattle/ Jr. Showmanship, Poultry & Rabbit Judging).
- Commercial building open 2 p. m. -- 10 p. m.
- Rodeo Wrist Bands go on sale @ the Fair Office ticket Window @ 5 p. m. Adults 13 & up $10.00, Youth 4 -- 12, $5.00 with children 3 & under “free”. Tonight’s “Guest Tellers” will be from “Pocahontas Branch of Corning Savings & Loan” Thank You! ( WRIST BANDS MUST BE IN PLACE BEFORE ENTERING BLEACHER AREA).
- Carnival opens @ 6 p. m.
- 6 P. M. Blue Ribbon AUCTION WILL BE HELD IN THE SMALL SHOW ARENA WHERE THE LIVESTOCK WINNERS OF BLUE RIBBONS PLUS 3 HIGH POINT YOUTHS FROM THE JUNE SIMINGTON BUILDING MAY SELL ONE OF THEIR RIBBONS ALL THE MONEY WILL GO TO THE CHILD NO MATTER THE PRICE
- 8 P.M. “3 D RODEO” ALONG WITH “FUNNY MAN, JASON FARLEY WILL BE AT THE RODEO!
Aug. 31st, Saturday
- Horseshoe Pitching Contest 9 a. m. -- ?????
- Commercial Building will open today @ 10 a. m. until 10 p. m.
- June Simington building will open today @ 10 a. m. -- 10 p. m.
- Redneck Games, the Jr. Fairboard host’s these games @10 a. m.
- Wood Cutting Contest begins in the small show arena @ 1 p. m.
- Drawing for the Commercial Building Winners @ 4 p.m. items won are kept by the booth PERSONNEL, the Randolph Co. Fair Assoc. does not hold them for winners.
- ARKANSAS GAME & FISH AQUARIUM leaves around 4 p. m.
- Scholarship Auction begins in the SMALL SHOW ARENA @ 5 p.m. or as soon after the Wood Cutting Competition is finished Pre-registration will begin @ 4 p.m. PAYMENT IS EXPECTED AT TIME OF sale.
- Rodeo tickets for the 3-D Rodeo Company & Funny Man Jason Farley go on sale @ 5 p.m. Adults 13 & up - $10.00, Youth 4 - 12 yrs. - $ 5.00 children 3 & under is “free”. “Guest tellers” for tonight are also from Pocahontas branch of the corning savings & loan. Thank You!
Sept. 1st, Sunday
- June Simington Building OPEN FOR CHECK OUT 2 P.M. - 4 P.M. & go out the east door to PICK-UP PREMIUM CHECKS IF AVAILABLE
- Commercial Building OPEN FOR BOOTH CLEAN-UP 2 - 4 P.M.
Please remember that we cannot have any animals on the property except working animals and service animals. Please, for the safety of everyone concerned, do not bring your pets out to the Fair. You will be asked to remove them if you do. Let's keep this a pleasant experience for everyone. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.